Why is she so awesome? What about her makes me want to be besties with her? Why is she standing next to my future husband (if Ryan Gosling doesn’t work out) Eddie Redmayne in last year’s Burberry ads? Who is responsible for the grooming of her perfectly thick eyebrows? Answers! I need answers people!
Let me start over. Cara Delevingne. She is this amazingly fun and quirky model who I don’t know personally but I wish I did. Seeing her picture come up in street style shots is kinda like winning that random prize in your cereal box; a fun little surprise.
Photos 1-3 by Tommy Ton, 4 by Street Peeper
Don’t you want to be besties with her too?
There’s some edgification to be learned here. Models are typically these freakishly beautiful creatures that always seem to be cool, calm and collected especially when captured by street style photographers in their “model-off-duty” getups. But Cara is a different breed.
She doesn’t care what the model standard is. She marches to the beat of her own drum and I love that. Also, being that I am someone who can’t help but make quirky faces every time a camera is pointed in my direction, I can relate.
- Infuse every part of your life with authenticity.
- Don’t be afraid to make fun of yourself. It’s one of the most important life lessons. Fo realsies.
- March to the beat of your own drum. Note to self: Take drum lessons.
- Eyebrows can make or break you.
- Make funny faces next time you are photographed. That way, in 15 years you’ll have a solid collection of entertaining Throwback Thursday (hashtag #tbt) pictures to choose from. Brilliant. Plan ahead people. Plan ahead.